• process of installing, putting in place; something which has been put in place, something installed (i.e. machinery); military camp or base (military)
• an installation is a place that contains equipment and machinery which are used for a particular purpose.
• the installation of a piece of equipment involves putting it into place and making it ready for use.
• utility program which aids in the installation of a program onto the hard disk
• installation of computer components (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
• setting up of a network
• copying of computer software from diskettes onto the hard disk
traffic light installation
• placing a traffic light, setting up a traffic light