• imminent, impending; awaiting decision, undecided; incomplete, unfinished
• until, up to that time that -; during
• something that is pending is going to happen or be dealt with soon; a formal word.
• if something is done pending a future event, it is done before that event happens, when the situation may change; a formal word.
• criminal charge which has not yet been handed down
• until the decision comes in
pending final settlement
• the final calculation has not yet been made, the full portion is not yet ready
• investigation which is still in progress
• a request for a patent has been filed but the patent has not yet been issued