• emotional connection that exists between two people; connection, association; closeness, kinship
• the relationship between two people, groups, or countries is the way they feel and behave towards each other.
• a relationship is also a close friendship between two people, especially one involving romantic or sexual feelings.
• the relationship between two things is the way in which they are connected.
relationship between cause and effect
• connection between a cause and a result, link between the source and the outcome
• relationship by bloodline, relationship by a common ancestor
broke off the relationship
• ended a relationship, cut off contact, stopped a friendly relation
building a relationship
• developing a bond or association, fostering a relationship
• connection made or maintained because of business interactions
• firm relations, very warm and friendly kinship
established a relationship
• created a relationship, brought about a relationship, built up a connection (with someone or some organized group)
fabric of a relationship
• basis of a relationship, style of a relationship, manner in which a relationship is managed
good business relationship
• work well together
had a relationship
• associated with, had an affair with, dated, was close to, was friendly with, was intimate with
• relationship between persons, relations between individuals
• close relationship, strong bond
• family relationship, relation between family members
long distance relationship
• interpersonal relationship (often romantic) in which the two people live very far from one another
love hate relationship
• if you have a love-hate relationship with someone or something, your attitude towards them often changes, so that sometimes you like them a great deal or strongly approve of them, and sometimes you strongly dislike them or disapprove of them.
• lasting relationship with a person
striking up a relationship
• becoming acquainted through conversation, making friends
• relationship between a trustee and beneficiary; relationship of dependability and confidence
• a working relationship is a relationship that you have with someone at work or in the context of a particular activity that contributes to the successful completion of the job or activity.