• emitting sparks; reflecting light, glittering, brilliant; effervescent, carbonated (about a beverage); brilliant, lively
• sparkling things shine brightly.
• you use sparkling to describe a person or performance that is very lively and entertaining.
• see also sparkle.
• carbonated beverage, soft drink which contains carbon dioxide
• champagne, type of wine with bubbles, carbonated wine
• sparkling wine is wine which is slightly fizzy and is sold in bottles where the cork is held in place with wire.