• perspiration, moisture excreted by the sweat glands; act of perspiring; droplets of moisture on a surface, condensation; hard work; worry, stress, anxiety (informal)
• perspire; work hard; collect moisture from condensation; worry, be concerned
• sweat is the salty, colourless liquid which comes through your skin when you are hot, ill, or afraid.
• when you sweat, sweat comes through your skin.
• if someone is in a sweat or in a cold sweat, they are sweating a lot, especially because they are afraid or ill.
• if someone sweats it out, they endure something unpleasant in the hope that when it ends the situation will have improved; an informal expression.
• work very hard
• be extremely nervous or agitated, be very anxious
• part of the body which releases sweat
• your sweat glands are the organs under your skin which produce sweat.
• external excreting glands that are responsible for excreting perspiration
• building in which cool water is poured over hot stones to create a steam bath (used for ritual purification by american indians)
• holes in the body out of which sweat is released
• long sleeved shirt often worn before and after sports
• sports outfit comprised of a sweatshirt and sweatpants
sweat with fear
• perspire due to fright
beads of sweat
• drops of perspiration
break a sweat
• begin to perspire; work hard, exert oneself
• sweat which is excreted even though a person feels cold
• if you are in a cold sweat, you are sweating and feel cold, because you are very afraid or nervous.
covered with sweat
• spread all over with perspiration