• holiday, fixed time in which public establishments (government offices, schools, etc.) and regular businesses cease their regular activities; period of time away from work devoted to rest and relaxation; act of vacating
• go on holiday, take a vacation
• a vacation is a period of the year when universities or colleges are officially closed.
• a vacation is also the same as a holiday; used in american english.
• holiday apartment
• yearly trip, yearly vacation, yearly holiday
• long summer recess taken by courts and universities (british)
• the long vacation is the period of time during the summer when universities, colleges, and schools are closed.
• vacationing, on holiday, on leave
• summer break, big vacation during the summer months
taking a vacation
• going away on a vacation, taking a short break, taking a leave of absence
to take a vacation
• take time off, take a holiday
took a vacation
• went away on a vacation, took a trip