1. Antarctica is the loneliest place on earth.
2. Did you see the film about Antarctica? The photography was superb!
3. No minerals have yet been exploited in Antarctica.
4. Several countries wanted Antarctica to be declared a 'world park'.
5. There are holes in the ozone layer above Antarctica.
6. We were dazzled by the matchless beauty of Antarctica.
7. Steger crossed Antarctica, and performed a similar feat at the North Pole.
8. The shortwave radiocommunication between Antarctica and Beij- ing is the longest link at present time in China.
9. Antarctica has always inspired grandiose schemes.
10. Unless they send him back to Antarctica to be a guinea pig for the Ancient technology.
11. Drake Passage: a strait between Cape Horn and antarctica. It connects the southern atlantic and Pacific oceans.
12. The Antarctica treaty applies to all areas ( the high seas excepted ) below latitude 60 degrees south.
13. The creature lived in Antarctica during the mass extinction at the end of the Permian period, which wiped out 95% of all life in the oceans and 70% of all land life.
14. Unit 101 The Ozone Hole: Why over Antarctica?