1. Once, just after Inez served apple pie a la mode, Alfred snorted suddenly, loudly.
2. Is the pie a la mode?
3. Pan-Islamism is a bit more a la mode, as Islam as a global political force has been in the ascendant in recent decades.
4. Let me see. . . I'll have an apple pie a la mode.
5. Here is your pie a la mode, sir.
6. We served the apple pie a la mode.
7. If I have one more pie a la mode. . . I'm going to need my own zip code.
8. We'll get Papa to buy you something a little more a la mode.
9. They finish dinner. The waitress comes back and clears off the table. She brings Cooper his coffee and pie a la mode, and Su and Chen their tea.
10. I got the nice apple pie with the ice cream top, a la mode.
11. Thomas' Ann Marie was a true '60 trendsetter, taking New York by storm with a stylish 'do, a closet full of mod a la mode and don't forget those eyelashes!
12. The luxuriously rich are not simply kept comfortably warm, but unnaturally hot; as I implied before, they are cooked, of course a la mode.
13. I'll have the roast turkey dinner with tomato juice, mashed potatoes, string beans, Roquefort on the salad, apple pie a la mode and coffee later.