1. It takes a lot of thought and effort and downright determination to be agreeable.
2. Tinned fruit usually has a lot of syrup with it.
3. The conference is going to be a lot of extra work.
4. Thanks a lot for the drink.
5. A new computer system entails a lot of re-training.
6. She has a lot of correspondence to deal with.
7. The farmer grows a lot of wheat.
8. Oh, you've got a lot of candies!Will you split with us?
9. Thanks a lot for lending me the money.
10. The man gained a lot in the business, but he lost the respect of his friends.
11. They spent a lot of money equipping the school with new computers.
12. They freely admit they still have a lot to learn.
13. You have a lot of nerve.
14. You need a lot of self-discipline when you're doing research work on your own.
15. There's a lot of contention about that issue - for every person firmly in favour, there's someone fiercely against it.