1. I got a number of suppliers to quote me their best prices.
2. These plants produce a number of thin roots.
3. A number of people have been employed to deal with the backlog of work.
4. The swindlers had roped into a number of gullible persons.
5. The crisis has led to the closure of a number of non-essential government services.
6. A number of unruly youth ganged up and terrorized the district.
7. Police say a number of forged banknotes are in circulation.
8. A number of potential buyers have expressed interest in the company.
9. A number of promising discoveries had also been made and were now being proved up.
10. The pressure group has won a number of concessions on environmental policy.
11. (Clearance of the site required the removal of a number of trees.
12. (He was carrying a number of files under his arm .
13. (He made a number of rude remarks about the food.
14. (The speaker can extemporize on any of a number of subjects.
15. (There are a number of different points of view on this issue.