• one who has scholarly leanings; member of an academic institution, professor
• learned, educated; scholastic; theoretical; of learning or academia
• academic work is work done in schools, colleges, and universities.
• someone who is academic is good at studying.
• an academic is a member of a university or college who teaches or does research.
• you also use academic to say that you think a particular point has no real effect on or relevance to what is happening.
• instructional success, success in education
• profession in a university or college, profession of studying
• certification given by a college or university to one who has completed a course of study (i.e. liberal arts degree)
• debate on academic subjects, debate about high-level studies
• university education, studies in a university or college
• freedom to make unpopular or unconventional decisions based on the idea that learning must be free
• hours of coursework towards academic credit
• university, college, institute of higher learning
• sabbatical, break from one's usual academic responsibilities to travel and study independently
• subject of concentrated study toward an university degree
academic preparatory class• course preparing a studen ...