1. The total sales of the company didn't amount to more than a few million dollars.
2. The spokesman stressed that the measures did not amount to an overall ban.
3. Radical remarks like this amount to heresy for most members of the Republican party.
4. In fact, your ambiguous words amount to a refusal.
5. With her intelligence,she should amount to something when she grows up.
6. They came to a compromise over the exact amount to be paid.
7. Such aids amount to economic aggression.
8. I guessed the total amount to be about £50, 000.
9. Mere words, unaccompanied by any violence, cannot amount to an assault.
10. There is, of course, an enormous amount to see.
11. The information we have doesn't amount to much.
12. Failure to obey a policeman's instructions may amount to an offence.
13. Their traveling expenses amount to seven hundred dollars.
14. Her academic achievements don't amount to much.
15. His earnings are said to amount to ￡300 000 per annum.