1. Hatred is blind as well as love.
2. Fair words and foul deeds cheat wise men as well as fools.
3. There is a holy, mistaken zeal in politics, as well as religion, by per-suading others we convince.
4. Business makes a man as well as tries him.
5. Love lives in cottages as well as in courts.
6. He could find himself making enemies as well as friends unless he proceeds with the utmost caution.
7. A teacher should entertain as well as teach.
8. She shares my troubles as well as my joys.
9. Chairs should be visually attractive as well as comfortable.
10. The outcome depends on conditions as well as how events unfold.
11. The tournament is open to amateurs as well as professionals.
12. He displayed determination as well as powerful oratory.
13. Few guitarists can sing as well as they can play; Eddie, however, is an exception.
14. The bank isn't performing as well as some of its competitors.