• explosive device
• drop and explode bombs; fail (slang)
• a bomb is a device which explodes and damages or destroys a large area.
• nuclear weapons are sometimes referred to as the bomb.
• when people bomb a place, they attack it with bombs.
• in informal american english, to bomb also means to fail.
• see also car bomb, letter-bomb, parcel bomb, time bomb.
• if a building is bombed out, it is destroyed by a bomb. if people are bombed out, their houses are destroyed by bombs.
• disassembly and deactivation of bombs
• bomb disposal is the job of removing unexploded bombs safely.
• a bomb factory is a place where bombs are made illegally.
• line on a map which shows the location of the enemy's ground forces
• load of bombs carried by a bomber
• device for carrying bombs in an aircraft
bomb release point
• location at which bombs are released from an aircraft
• protected against damage from bombs
• when there is a bomb scare, a telephone call is received from someone who claims to have placed a bomb in a particular place.
• bunker used to protect against bomb attacks
• an a-bomb is an atom bomb.
• bomb dropped by an aircraft
anti personnel bomb• bomb which is directed against enemy troops (not equipment or structures) ...