• writing desk; dresser; office
• a bureau is an office, organization, or government department that collects and distributes information.
• a bureau is also a desk with drawers and a lid that opens to form a writing surface; an old-fashioned use.
• see also bureaux.
bureau for indian affairs
• bureau of the u.s. department of the interior that deals with education health and social services for native americans
bureau of alcohol tobacco and firearms
• branch of the u.s. treasury that is responsible for enforcing laws regarding the sale use and production of alcohol tobacco and firearms, atf
bureau of economic analysis
• bureau of the u.s. department of commerce that collects data about the economy and publishes yearly statistics (such as the gross national product, etc.)
bureau of engineers
• department of engineers
bureau of labor statistics
• u.s. government agency which collects data about the u.s. economy and labor market and publishes statistical analyses for the general public, bls
bureau of land management
• branch of the u.s. department of the interior that controls the use of public lands
bureau of printing and engraving
• bureau of the u.s. treasury that designs engraves and prints all types of valuable federal bills and vouchers (currency, postage stamps, treasury notes, food stamps, etc.)
bureau of prisons
• bureau of the u.s. department of justice that oversees federal prisons and penitentiaries
bureau of public debt• bureau of the u.s. treasury that supervises governmen ...