• type of flying insect; gathering for the purpose of carrying out a certain task (quilting bee, spelling bee, etc.)
• a bee is a yellow and black insect that makes a buzzing noise as it flies. bees make honey, and live in large groups.
• garden place where bees are kept, garden to keep beehives in; apiary
• one who keeps bees for producing honey
• a bee-keeper is someone who keeps bees in order to collect the honey that they produce.
• raising of bees
• bee-keeping is the activity of keeping bees in order to collect the honey that they produce.
• prick from a bee, small stab of a stinger of a bee
• aggressive hybrid breed of honeybee that was accidentally hybridized in brazil which is a cross between a european honeybee with an african bee
as busy as a bee
• very busy, having many things to do, constantly working
• any of several types of large bees
busy as a bee
• very busy, always working, very energetic
• type of solitary bee that dig tunnels in wood and lay its eggs there
• bumblebee, large and hairy bee (non-stinging)
• writing and/or spelling competition
• bee that serves the queen bee, drone