• watch and study birds in their natural environment
• fowl, plumed or feathered animal; fellow, guy; girl, lass (slang); helicopter, airplane, aircraft (military slang)
• a bird is a creature with feathers and wings. most birds can fly.
• if you say that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, you mean that it is better to keep what you already have than to risk losing it by trying to achieve something else.
• if you say that something will kill two birds with one stone, you mean that two things are achieved rather than just one.
• if you say that something is for the birds, you mean that it is silly; used in informal american english.
• stupid person, foolish person, idiot; brain of a fowl
• (usa) stupid person (informal)
• if you say that someone is bird-brained, you think they are stupid and always concerned with unimportant things; an informal word.
• birdhouse, cage for keeping birds
• person with a special interest in birds; person who enjoys raising or collecting rare birds; person who has for sale assorted types of birds kept in cages
• (slang used by the marines) aircraft carrier
• avian influenza, fowl plague, avian flu, acute and generally fatal viral infectious disease of chickens and other domestic and wild birds (characterized by fever, swollen head and neck, color of the comb and wattle is bluish-black, diarrhea and respiratory distress) which can infect humans and other animals (such as horses, pigs, seals and whales)
bird in the hand is worth two in the bush• it's best to go with what ...