فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: brews, brewing, brewed
• (1) تعریف: to make (beer or ale) from malt and hops by a process of steeping, boiling, and fermenting.
• مشابه: ferment
- Our company brews beer in an Old World process.
• (2) تعریف: to make (a beverage) by boiling or steeping ingredients.
• مشابه: boil, percolate, steep
- I'll brew another a pot of coffee.
• (3) تعریف: to develop or contrive (sometimes fol. by "up").
• مترادف: concoct, contrive, cook up, devise, scheme
• مشابه: arrange, hatch, plan, plot
- They brewed up a devious scheme.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• (1) تعریف: to make beer or ale, esp. as an occupation.
- Our family has been brewing for over a hundred years.
• (2) تعریف: to form or develop in an impending or ominous manner.
• مشابه: develop, form, gather, grow, impend, threaten
- Mischief was brewing that Halloween night.
- A storm seems to be brewing in the west.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: brewer (n.)
• (1) تعریف: a beverage made by brewing.
• مشابه: ale, beer, beverage, coffee, concoction, drink, lager, tea
- The witches stirred their brew.
• (2) تعریف: a specific type or variety of beer or ale.
• مشابه: ale, beer, lager, porter, stout
- It's a good liquor store, but they don't stock my favorite brew.
• (3) تعریف: (chiefly American: informal) a bottle or glass of beer or ale.
• مشابه: ale, beer, lager
- We'd been out having a couple of brews.
• (4) تعریف: (chiefly British; informal) a quantity of tea for drinking.
- Why don't you go make us a brew?