1. The bank has to butter up investors because it is in a fiercely competitive market.
2. She liked to butter up every new boss she had.
3. He's always trying to butter up the boss.
4. Butter up: if you add a teaspoon of oil to butter when frying it will prevent the butter from burning.
5. The Bank has to butter up both investors and intermediaries because it is in a fiercely competitive international market.
6. If you can butter up your boss, he won't give you a hard time.
7. He tried hard to butter up the Mayor.
8. People have a fine sense of who to butter up.
9. He is two - faced person, He knows how to butter up those power!
10. He is two - faced subordinate and knows how to butter up the president!