صفت ( adjective )
حالات: completer, completest
• (1) تعریف: lacking no necessary elements or parts.
• مترادف: comprehensive, entire, full, perfect, total, unabridged, whole
• متضاد: defective, deficient, partial
• مشابه: aggregate, all, intact, integral, round, uncut, undivided
- A mechanic needs a complete set of auto wrenches.
- Without giving this information, the report is not complete.
• (2) تعریف: finished or concluded, as a task.
• مترادف: accomplished, concluded, done, finished, fulfilled
• متضاد: incomplete, unfinished
• مشابه: achieved, ended
- When her task was finally complete, she made herself a cup of tea.
• (3) تعریف: absolute or thorough.
• مترادف: absolute, categorical, downright, out-and-out, outright, perfect, rank, straight-out, thorough, thoroughgoing, total, unmitigated, unqualified, utter
• متضاد: partial
• مشابه: all-out, arrant, blank, broad, comprehensive, exhaustive, good, in-depth, plenary, positive, profound, radical, solid, sound, strict, unabridged, unbounded, unconditional, unequivocal, unlimited, unreserved
- He worked hard to gain complete mastery of his subject before beginning to teach.
- Her parents have complete faith in her ability.
• (4) تعریف: in American football, denoting a forward pass that has been caught by its intended receiver.
• متضاد: incomplete
• مشابه: consummate
- The pass was complete, and the offense gains twenty yards.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: completes, completing, completed
مشتقات: completely (adv.), completeness (n.)
• (1) تعریف: to finish or conclude (something).
• مترادف: close, conclude, do, end, finish, wrap up
• متضاد: begin
• مشابه: accomplish, achieve, cap, clinch, complement, consummate, crown, culminate, dispose of, fulfill, make, mature, piece, polish off, settle, terminate
- She completed the test in an hour.
- The plumber completed his work and wrote up his bill.
- When you have completed filling out the form, give it to the nurse.
• (2) تعریف: to make whole or entire; add or constitute the final necessary part to (something).
• مترادف: consummate, perfect
• مشابه: cap, complement, crown, enrich, fill in, fulfill, piece, replenish, round out, supplement
- The rare stamp from France completed his collection.
- She completed her wedding ensemble with a flowing veil.