• thin and flat object; playing card; postcard; expansion card, circuit board that expands a computer's capabilities (computers); machine for separating cotton or wool fibers in preparation for spinning; employees documents held by an employer (british)
• comb, untangle wool or cotton fibers in preparation for spinning; give a card; ask for an identification card (i.e. in a bar)
• cardstock, variety of stiff paper available in a range of thicknesses
• a card is a piece of stiff paper or plastic containing specific information.
• a card is also a piece of stiff paper with a picture and a message which you send to someone on a special occasion.
• cards are thin pieces of cardboard decorated with numbers or pictures that are used to play various games.
• you can also use card to refer to something that gives you an advantage in a particular situation.
• if you play your cards right, you are skilful in the way you handle a situation and make use of all your advantages.
• if you say that something is on the cards, you mean that it is very likely to happen.
• in the cards means the same as `on the cards'; used in american english.
• preventing the possibility of using a credit card in order to pull funds from an account
• box for storing index cards
• a card-carrying member of a political organization is an official, fully committed member.
• arranging of cards in a card index
• game that is played with a deck of cards
• one who possesses a card (as a credit card); member, subscriber
add on card
• electronic card inserted in a special slot in a computer and provides it with improved capability
• a banker's card is the same as a cheque card.
• card that expresses birthday greeting and warm wishes
• entrance pass allowing one to board a ship or airplane
• a boarding card is a card which a passenger must have when boarding an aeroplane or a boat before a journey.
• small card containing personal and work-related information that is given to one's business contacts
• business card, small card containing a persons name and telephone number
• credit card that grants its holder to receive cash
• a cash card is a plastic card that you use to withdraw money from a cash dispenser.
• plastic card with a magnetic strip given to a customer by a bank or other business for the purpose of making purchases on credit, credit card, charge plate
• a cheque card is a small plastic card which your bank gives you and which you have to show when you are paying for something by cheque or when you are cashing a cheque at another bank.
• smart card, magnetic card containing a mini-processor and memory (performs various computerized actions such as: credit card, electronic wallet, etc.)
• holiday greeting sent in honor of christmas
• electronic printed circuit board
• national card for proof of age
• compass rose, circular card attached to the needle of a mariner's compass on which the degrees indicating direction are marked