1. He played the ball back close to the net.
2. The church is close to the school.
3. The campsite is close to all local amenities.
4. I'm very close to my wife.
5. The new shopping center is close to the railway station.
6. In 1999 it was revealed that he was close to bankruptcy.
7. The raft came close to the rocks and then sheered away.
8. His house is close to mine.
9. I live close to the shops.
10. Lille is close to the frontier between France and Belgium.
11. One woman, close to hysteria, grabbed my arm.
12. The company's sales are now close to saturation in many western countries.
13. Camp sites are usually situated along the coast, close to beaches.
14. We live close to the railway line.