1. As the command module entered the atmosphere tipped backwards so its heat shield was protecting the crew, the same effect happened.
2. The command module had shown several bugs in its components and a maddening fault with the communications systems.
3. The crew could then transfer to the command module for the return to Earth.
4. Beneath them the underside of the command module comprised a specially designed shield that protected them from the heat of re-entry.
5. The command module would then descend to the sea on its parachutes.
6. The command module would then use its parachutes to land.
7. The command module also had provision for storing an emergency water supply added.
8. Changes were made to the command module.
9. Unfortunately the filters used in the command module were the wrong shape to fit into the lunar module.
10. The warm water was piped to the command module where it could be used for washing and added to dehydrated food packages.
11. Consider the atmosphere in the Apollo command module.
12. Standing on top of the command module during launch was the emergency escape system.
13. Consequently development of the command module continued along two parallel courses.
14. The command module pilot faced the centre of the panel.
15. Figure 5 Stages in the construction of a command module.