• perform, do, execute; offer, pledge (one's loyalty, etc.); be obliged; give, entrust; send to prison, send to an institution (i.e. mental institution)
• if someone commits a crime or a sin, they do something wrong.
• to commit money or resources to something means to use them for a particular purpose.
• if you commit yourself or someone else to a course of action, you definitely decide that you or they will do it, and you inform other people of your decision.
• if someone is committed to a hospital or prison, they are officially sent there.
• if you commit something to memory, you memorize it.
commit a blunder
• make a mistake
commit a crime
• commit and illegal act, commit felony
commit a sin
• do a wrongdoing, transgress, commit a violation
commit a theft
• steal, rob, commit a burglary
• whore, cheat on one's partner, have an illicit love affair
commit an error
• make a mistake, err, make an error
commit an offense
• commit a crime, violate the law
• maliciously kill another person, commit homicide
• obligate oneself, pledge oneself
• give false testimony, lie under oath
• kill oneself, take one's own life
commit to memory
• learn by heart, memorize
commit to paper
• write down, record co ...