1. The blast blew a gaping crater in the road.
2. Flames blazed out from the crater of the volcano.
3. Ash began to erupt from the crater.
4. Lava boiled up from the crater of the volcano.
5. They blasted a huge crater in the runway.
6. The crater was two miles across and roughly circular.
7. Flows of lava radiated out from the volcano's crater.
8. They came to the lip of a dead crater.
9. We peered over the lip of the crater into the volcano.
10. A huge crater marks the spot where the explosion happened.
11. With a telescope you can see the huge crater of Ve - suvius.
12. Meteor Crater is easily understood as the result of a surface impact of a body bearing about fifteen megatons of energy.
13. Sufficiently large impacts can hurl crater ejecta to any point on the lunar surface.
14. The absence of a crater is expected for an explosion at the optimum burst height.
15. The easiest explanation of crater duplicity is that the impacting body was an asteroid with a close satellite.