• day month and year according to the calendar; interview, meeting; fruit of a date palm tree
• write a date on; apply a date to; go out with a person of the opposite sex
• a date is a particular day, for example 7th june 1990, or year, for example 1066.
• when you date something, you give the date when it began or was made.
• when you date a letter or a cheque, you write the day's date on it.
• at a particular date means at a particular time or stage.
• if something dates, it goes out of fashion.
• a date is also an appointment to meet someone or go out with them, especially someone of the opposite sex.
• your date is someone of the opposite sex that you have a date with; used in american english.
• if you are dating someone of the opposite sex, you go out regularly with them; used in american english.
• a date is also a small, sticky dark brown fruit. dates grow on palm trees.
• see also out of date, up-to-date, dated.
• if something dates back to a particular time, it started or was made then.
• if something dates from a particular time, it started or was made at that time.
• datemark, indicate with a date and location, dateline
date not specified
• date not specifically mentioned
date of acquisition
• date when something was acquired
date of birth
• day of the month of the year when one was born
• your date of birth is the exact date on which you were born, including the year.
date of issue
• date of publication or distribution
date of maturity
• date when a (debt, bond, etc.) is payable
date of payment• date on which a payment is due ...