1. She deftly wove the flowers into a garland.
2. He picked each lock deftly, and rifled the papers within each drawer.
3. He deftly folded the typed sheets and replaced them in the envelope.
4. They deftly avoided answering my questions.
5. It was wonderful to watch her fingers moving deftly and unerringly.
6. One of the waiting servants deftly caught him as he fell.
7. I threw her a towel which she deftly caught.
8. Hans deftly ducked their blows.
9. He can move deftly from an almost conversational tone to a whisper.
10. He deftly explains how many seemingly pleasant private decisions lead to distinctly unpleasant public results, such as increased economic segregation.
11. By so deftly invoking these and other contexts, Polanski opens up a free space.
12. Every derangement of the page-space deftly mimes the current derangement of the house-space in the narrative.
13. Deftly, he cut four thick slices from the granary loaf, then began his search for the cheese.
14. But Fernandez moves his performers deftly; he finds choreographic solutions in which to animate all that attitude.