1. Customs and excise receipts rose 5 per cent.
2. The excise on beer was increased under the last government.
3. The abolition of excise duty in 185heralded a period of growth and prosperity for the soap industry.
4. H M Customs and Excise confirmed yesterday that they had to be implemented by 1 January 1990.
5. No obvious explanation was available and Customs and Excise raised an assessment.
6. Customs and Excise men investigating the import of obscene material swooped on the home of bearded Paul Bradburn.
7. The excise tax, a provision in the bill, will go into effect seven days later.
8. This means that excise duty revenue from alcoholic drinks is not buoyant.
9. The present one left vehicle excise duties at ￡100, unchanged for the fifth year running.
10. The excise officer measures the amount of fermentable material - malt and other sugars - in the wort.
11. Even in the eighteenth century excise returns reveal that 12 big London breweries accounted for 25 percent of the national production.
12. Now he could no more excise it from his brain cells than he could sever his past from his future.
13. Mr. Banks Obviously Customs and Excise must be congratulated on its vigilance.
14. The indirect taxes are collected by Customs and Excise.
15. Meanwhile Customs and Excise is celebrating what it believes to be a significant blow to the drugs trade.