• banishment, expulsion, ejection
• be banished; expel, banish
• if someone lives in exile, they live in a foreign country because they cannot live in their own country, usually for political reasons.
• if someone is exiled, they are sent away from their own country and are not allowed to return.
• an exile is someone who lives in exile.
government in exile
• government that has been overthrown or deposed but continues to exist
• banished from one's home, forced to live in a foreign country
land of exile
• land to which people are banished
parliament in exile
• parliament that has been banished
• act of banishing oneself; one banished by his or her own choice or will
self imposed exile
• banishment imposed on oneself
• diaspora, banishment of the people of israel from the land of israel