• act of flopping, act of falling heavily; plunk, thud; huge failure (slang)
• fall heavily, fall with a thud; plunk down; flap back and forth; fail (slang)
• if you flop onto something, you sit or lie down suddenly and heavily because you are tired.
• something that is a flop is a total failure; an informal use.
• if something flops, it is a total failure; an informal use.
• a belly flop is an unskilful dive in which the whole of the front of your body hits the water at the same time; an informal expression.
• flip-flops are sandals which are held on your foot by a v-shaped strap that goes between your big toe and the next toe.
• if someone, especially a politician, flip-flops on something, they suddenly change their point of view about it; used in american english. verb here but can also be used as a count noun. e.g. ...the president's apparent flip-flop.