اسم ( noun )
حالات: foci, focuses
• (1) تعریف: the point at which rays, esp. optical, come together, or from which they seem to radiate.
• (2) تعریف: the area of greatest concentration, attention, or activity.
• مشابه: center, emphasis, region
- Of course, others were involved, but our son was the primary focus of our concern.
- The focus of the nature program was the dire situation of the polar bear.
- They feel there should be a stronger focus on science in the elementary school curriculum.
• (3) تعریف: degree of clarity and precision, esp. in an image presented by an optical system such as a camera.
- The focus is not very sharp in this shot, so her face looks a bit fuzzy.
• (4) تعریف: the state of maximum visual clarity and precision.
- This is the only photograph that is truly in focus.
• (5) تعریف: an adjustment on an optical device that will sharpen the image viewed.
- The focus on the microscope allowed her to see every detail of the cell.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: focuses, focusses, focusing, focussing, focused, focussed
• (1) تعریف: to adjust (an optical device or the eyes) to produce a more distinct image.
• مشابه: train
- With this camera, you'll need to focus the lens yourself.
• (2) تعریف: to concentrate (attention or efforts) on a central point or task.
• مشابه: center, concentrate, converge, nail
- The teacher needed to focus more attention on the students who were lagging behind.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
مشتقات: focused (adj.)
• : تعریف: to concentrate one's attention or activity (usu. fol. by "on").
• مشابه: center, concentrate, fasten
- I have trouble focusing on my work when I'm tired.
- The researchers focused on the question of causation.