• type of cold-blooded aquatic animal with fins and scales; other aquatic animals (informal); flesh of fish; fellow, guy (used in combination - i.e. odd fish, queer fish)
• catch fish; try to catch fish; search for fish; search; try to obtain -
• a fish is a creature with a tail and fins that lives in water.
• fish is the flesh of a fish eaten as food.
• if you fish, you try to catch fish.
• if you fish a particular area of water, you try to catch fish there.
• if you fish for information or praise, you try to get it indirectly.
• if you fish something out of a liquid or a container, you remove it; an informal use.
• see also fishing.
fish and chip shop
• a fish and chip shop is a place where you can buy fried fish, fishcakes, sausages, chips, and other fried foods to take away and eat.
fish and chips
• common british dish that includes fried fish and french fries
• fish cake, shredded fish and other ingredients formed into a ball and cooked
• bone of a fish
• raising of fish
• act of raising fish in tanks or closed areas for commercial purposes generally for food)
• (britain and australia) fish stick, thin breaded long piece of fish
• fish fingers are small oblong pieces of fish, covered in breadcrumbs and usually sold in frozen form.
fish for compliments
• seek praise, search for flattery or admiration
• fizgig, spiky pole for spearing fish
fish glue• g ...