1. She was fumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch.
2. She dressed, her cold fingers fumbling with the buttons.
3. I was fumbling with the key as I couldn't see where the lock was in the dark.
4. Peter drove jerkily, cornering too fast and fumbling the gears.
5. I was fumbling for the right word.
6. His critics say his fumbling of the issue of reform has eroded his authority.
7. She watched their fumbling efforts with wry amusement.
8. Scott heard it at last and looked around, fumbling for the taps, trying to turn off the shower.
9. The only thing holding me up would be fumbling at the combination lock or renting a towel.
10. Better than enduring his fumbling during the night in the vain hope of satisfaction when the need was strong in her.
11. Here the monk was fumbling with the appalled geisha and tearing at the lower half of her kimono.
12. He tugged off the high boots and, fumbling with the buttons, he removed his officer's grey-green trousers.
13. Nervously, I moved forward, fumbling round the battlements until I came to a protruding wooden pole.
14. Then with fumbling fingers she extracted her soap and hurled the bag after him across the bathroom floor.