فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: grasps, grasping, grasped
• (1) تعریف: to take hold of with or as with a hand.
• مترادف: clutch, grip
• متضاد: release
• مشابه: catch, clasp, grab, nab, snatch, take
- She grasped the rope and pulled herself up.
• (2) تعریف: to keep a secure hold on.
• مترادف: clasp, clutch, grip
• متضاد: let go
• مشابه: clench, hold
- The child grasped his mother's hand more tightly.
• (3) تعریف: to take hold of mentally; understand fully or deeply.
• مترادف: apprehend, catch, comprehend, follow, get, perceive, seize, understand
• مشابه: compass, fathom, savvy, see
- The detective immediately grasped the importance of this new evidence.
- Dazed, she could not grasp his meaning.
- He could not grasp that his wife actually wanted to divorce him.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• (1) تعریف: to try to seize or secure (often followed by "at").
• مترادف: grab, snatch
• مشابه: clutch, pluck, pounce, reach, seize
- The little boy grasped at his brother's sleeve.
- They grasped at the opportunity to start their own business.
• (2) تعریف: to quickly attempt to contrive or adopt (often followed by "for").
- He grasped for an excuse for his rude behavior.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: graspable (adj.), grasper (n.)
• (1) تعریف: an act of seizing or taking hold.
• مترادف: clasp, grip
• مشابه: catch, clench, clutch, grab, grapple, hold, take
- The party's grasp of power was a complete success.
• (2) تعریف: a grip on or possession of something.
• مترادف: clutch, grip, hold
• مشابه: catch, clasp, possession
- The child struggled to escape the stranger's grasp.
- He felt in the grasp of a powerful emotion.
• (3) تعریف: the hands or arms, while holding or trying to hold something.
• مشابه: arms, grip, hands
- She held in her grasp a sack of gold coins.
• (4) تعریف: the power of holding, controlling, mastering, or comprehending.
• مترادف: comprehension, familiarity, knowledge, mastery
• مشابه: catch, clutch, clutches, cognizance, command, control, grip, hold, possession, sway, understanding
- The politician held the audience in his grasp.
- She has a good grasp of the concepts of mathematics.