• quick look, brief glance; gleam, flash; deflection, rebound
• look quickly; shine, gleam; bounce off, strike at an angle
• if you glance at something, you look at it very quickly and then look away. verb here but can also be used as a count noun. e.g. he cast a quick glance at his friend.
• if you glance through or at a newspaper or book, you spend a short time looking at it without reading it carefully.
• see also glancing.
• if you can see or recognize something at a glance, you can see or recognize it immediately.
• if you say that something is true or seems to be true at first glance, you mean that it seems to be true when you first see it or think about it, but that your first impression may be wrong.
• if something glances off another object, it hits it at an angle and bounces away in another direction.
• look at briefly, catch a glimpse of, peep, look at
• inspect quickly, look at briefly
at first glance
• at first appearance, at it first seemed
cast a glance
• look, glance, peep, peek
• first look; initial inclination
flash a glance
• look at quickly
• quick peek, look made quickly and secretly
shoot a glance
• peek, peep, look
shot a glance
• looked quickly, took a peek
• squint, viewing from the side