• family name; herbert hoover (1874-1964), 31st president of the united states (1929-1933); (trademark) vacuum cleaner manufacturer; vacuum cleaner made by this company; vacuum cleaner (british)
• (british) vacuum cleaner (trademark)
• (british) vacuum, clean with a vacuum cleaner (trademark)
• a hoover is a vacuum cleaner; hoover is a trademark.
• if you hoover a carpet, you clean it using a vacuum cleaner.
herbert clark hoover
• (1874-1964) 31st president of the united states (1929-1933)
j• edgar hoover
• (1875-1972) director of the fbi credited with turning the bureau into an efficient and powerful agency (started a crime laboratory, fingerprint file, and police training programs)