• expectation, anticipation, wish
• wish, anticipate, expect
• if you hope that something is true or will happen, you want it to be true or to happen.
• hope is a feeling of confidence that what you want to happen might happen.
• if there is a hope of something desirable happening, there is a chance that it may happen.
• if you do something in the hope of achieving a particular thing, you do it because you want to achieve that thing.
• if something raises your hopes, it makes you feel that what you want to happen will happen.
hope against hope
• hope with little reason
• articles gathered by a woman in preparation or anticipation for marriage; trousseau
• strongly desire, earnestly wish for
hope for the best
• wish for a good outcome, long for good results
• wish that, desire that
hope that helps
• i hope that is useful, i hope that is beneficial
• lose hope, give up
• forsaking expectations
• hopeless, lost, a lost cause, beyond help
cape of good hope
• rocky point of land near the southern tip of africa
cherish the hope
• nurture hope, nurture expectations
entertain a hope
• continue hoping, cherish a dream
expressed his hope• made known his expectation of something desired, expressed his wish, manifested longin ...