• unit of time equal to 60 minutes; certain time of day
• an hour is a period of sixty minutes.
• you can refer to the period of time that something happens each day as the hours that it happens.
• you can refer to a particular time in the day as a particular hour.
• something that happens on the hour happens at one o'clock, at two o'clock, and so on at regular intervals of one hour.
• if something happens in the early hours or in the small hours, it happens in the early morning after midnight.
hour after hour
• for a long time, tediously
hour by hour
• each hour
• (astronomy) great circle that passes through both poles of the celestial sphere
• short hand that indicates the hours on a clock or watch
• the hour hand on a clock or watch is the hand that points to the number of hours that have passed since twelve o'clock.
hour of crisis
• critical time, time of emergency, moment of distress
at the eleventh hour
• at the last minute, at the last possible moment
bad quarter of an hour
• very unpleasant few moments
• mealtime, regular time when dinner is usually consumed
• last minute, last possible moment for doing something (before it is too late)
• the eleventh hour is the last possible moment before something happens.
• every 60 minutes, each hour
every man has his hour• everyone gets some attention or good luck in his life ...