فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: hurts, hurting, hurt
• (1) تعریف: to cause physical damage, pain, or impairment to.
• مترادف: damage, injure, wound
• متضاد: restore
• مشابه: agonize, bruise, harm, impair, kill, pain, spite
- I hurt my arm when I fell.
- He hurt her by accident.
- Does it hurt when the doctor presses on your abdomen?
- It hurts when I raise my arm.
• (2) تعریف: to cause emotional suffering to.
• مترادف: sting
• متضاد: comfort, heal
• مشابه: agonize, bruise, cut, harm, injure, pain, spite, tear, upset, wound
- She was hurt by their insulting words.
- It hurt me that he said those terrible things about me.
• (3) تعریف: to damage, harm, or weaken.
• مترادف: damage, harm
• متضاد: benefit, improve
• مشابه: deteriorate, impair, injure, prejudice, weaken
- The low test score hurt his grade average.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• (1) تعریف: to feel pain, suffering, or distress.
• مشابه: ache, burn, pain, smart, sting, suffer
- My head hurts.
• (2) تعریف: to inflict pain, damage, or suffering.
• مشابه: cut, pain, smart, sting, wound
- The truth sometimes hurts.
- Stop banging my arm. It hurts!
- It really hurts that I can never see him again.
- It hurts to think that I could have prevented this terrible thing.
اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: an injury, pain, or affliction.
• مترادف: injury, pain
• مشابه: ache, affliction, distress, sting, wound
- The hurt went away when I took aspirin.
• (2) تعریف: a cause of physical or emotional pain or suffering.
• مشابه: affliction, bane, injury, pain, sore, sorrow
- The break-up with her husband left her with a hurt that never really went away.
صفت ( adjective )
• : تعریف: physically or emotionally pained or injured.
• مترادف: injured, sore, wounded
• متضاد: all right, healed
• مشابه: bruised
- The ice soothed her hurt ankle.
- Both of them had hurt feelings for weeks after the argument.