• not personal, not referring to a particular person or subject; lacking friendliness or warmth, inhuman, detached; of a verb form which lacks a specific subject (grammar)
• an impersonal place or activity makes you feel that you are not important and that your personality, feelings, and opinions do not matter.
• impersonal also means not concerned with any particular person.
• in grammar, an impersonal pronoun is one that does not refer to a person or a particular object, for example, `it' in the sentence `it was very late when we arrived'.
• in grammar, an impersonal verb does not have a subject and is used only after `it' or `there', as in `it is raining'.
• indefinite pronoun, pronoun that has an indefinite subject (grammar)