1. Many a true word is spoken in jest.
2. There is many a true word spoken in jest.
3. I only said it in jest - you're obviously not fat.
4. I said you look terrible in jest, actually, you look very pretty.
5. 'Many a true word is spoken in jest,' thought Rosie.
6. Don't say that, even in jest.
7. The remark was made half in jest.
8. Art thou in earnest, or in jest?
9. It was made more in jest than seriousness but it does convey the nature of the Nicholson's operation.
10. It was said, only half in jest, that the seeds of future marriages were sown during the kiss of peace.
11. The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest. Henry David Thoreau
12. Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. Sam Levenson
13. I had spoken in jest, but Challenger gave a contemptuous snort.