• contract by which property or persons are guaranteed against damage or loss; something which protects or guarantees safety
• insurance is an agreement in which you pay a fixed sum of money to a company, usually each year. then, if you become ill or if your property is damaged or stolen, the company pays you a sum of money.
• if you do something as an insurance against something unpleasant, you do it in order to protect yourself in case the unpleasant thing happens.
• see also national insurance.
• firm that sells insurance against various kinds of loss or damage
• person who sells insurance against various kinds of loss or damage
insurance application architecture
• (computers) model developed by ibm for the insurance industry (helps insurance companies integrate information technology into their businesses), iaa
• company that provides compensation in case of loss or damage
• professional advisor on insurance matters
• person who does estimations and calculations for insurance companies
• laws which regulate the insurance business
• fund into which money is set aside each month and provides monthly payments when a person retires from his profession
insurance policy• contract with an insurance company guaranteeing compensation in case of loss or damage
• an insurance policy is a written agreement which you sign in order to insure someone or something. ...