1. A half-starved dog lay in the corner, whimpering pathetically.
2. Simon lay in bed thinking about the meeting next day.
3. She lay in bed looking particularly frail.
4. For them, the house's main value lay in its quiet country location.
5. She lay in bed, too feverish to sleep.
6. The town lay in ruins after years of bombing.
7. Her marriage now lay in tatters.
8. The city lay in ruins after the earthquake.
9. His clothes lay in a heap on the floor.
10. I just lay in the sun for a week and did nothing - it was heaven.
11. He loosened tie and lay in bed.
12. The house lay in dark shadow.
13. He lay in agony until the doctor arrived.
14. I lay in bed shaking with fright.