• group of people (or parties, countries, etc.) who have joined together for a particular purpose, association, confederation, union, alliance; group of athletic teams; unit of distance
• join together, unite in a league
• a league is a group of people, clubs, or countries that have joined together for a particular purpose or because they share a common interest.
• if you are in league with someone, you are working with them for a particular purpose, often secretly.
league cup tournament
• series of games played by members of a league
league of arab states
• arab league, association of arab countries established to promote common arab interests, las
• the league of arab states, more commonly known as the arab league, was founded in 1945 to promote the common good of all arab countries. egypt was suspended from the arab league from 1979 to 1989, and during this period the headquarters were transferred from cairo to tunis. the members of the arab league are: algeria, bahrain, djibouti, egypt, iraq, jordan, kuwait, lebanon, libya, mauritania, morocco, oman, palestine, qatar, saudi arabia, somalia, sudan, syria, tunisia, united arab emirates, and yemen.
league of nations
• international organization established after world war l to create world peace and cooperation, forerunner of the united nations (1920 - 1938)
• when things, such as teams or organizations, are presented in a league table, they are listed according to the scores or results they have obtained, with the most successful at the top and the least successful at the bottom.
american basketball league
• abl, one of the professional basketball leagues in the usa america ...