اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: formal permission from an authority; official permit.
• مترادف: authorization, commission, imprimatur, permission
• مشابه: approval, certification, consent, franchise, leave, patent, sanction
- You need a special driver's license to operate a truck like that.
- It's illegal to practice medicine without a medical license.
• (2) تعریف: a document showing legal or official permission.
• مترادف: credential, document, permit
• مشابه: authorization, certificate, papers, pass, passport, safe-conduct, ticket
- I received my new license in the mail today.
• (3) تعریف: freedom of thought or action.
• مترادف: freedom, liberty, volition
• متضاد: decorum
• مشابه: latitude, privilege
- We have license to express our beliefs.
• (4) تعریف: unrestrained or excessive freedom, such as that which causes harm to others.
• مترادف: carte blanche, excess, impunity, indulgence
• مشابه: abandon, exemption, laxity, looseness
- His newly acquired power gave him license to imprison his perceived enemies.
- The media had license to print outright lies.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: licenses, licensing, licensed
مشتقات: licenser (n.)
• : تعریف: to grant a license to or for; formally and officially permit.
• مترادف: authorize, entitle, permit
• متضاد: ban
• مشابه: accredit, allow, certify, commission, document, privilege, qualify
- He was licensed to drive a taxi in the city.