• medical machines that are used to keep a person alive who would otherwise die (respirators, feeding tubes, etc.)
life support machine
• a life-support machine is a special machine which keeps someone alive when they are severely ill or disabled.
life support system
• a life-support system is special equipment that is used to keep a person alive, for example when they are very ill or in a dangerous environment.
• a life-support system is also the combination of all the things that living things need to survive.
advanced cardiac life support
• emergency treatment and equipment used to treat a severely irregular heartbeat, acls (medicine)
basic life support
• series of basic emergency medical procedures which includes cpr and the removal of foreign objects from windpipe, bls (medicine)