• afternoon meal; light meal, snack
• eat an afternoon meal; eat a light meal, have a snack; host guests for an afternoon meal
• lunch is a meal that you have in the middle of the day.
• a lunch is a formal social event in the middle of the day, at which a meal is served.
• when you lunch, you eat lunch; a formal use.
• box for sandwiches or lunch to be carried to work or school; (slang) abdomen, belly
• time of day when one stops working in order to eat lunch
• your lunch hour is the period in the middle of the day when you stop work in order to have a meal.
• light afternoon meal packed to be eaten in a different location
• working lunch, lunch where a business meeting is held
• restaurant that only serves dairy meals
• a liquid lunch is a lunch that consists mostly of alcoholic drinks; often used humorously.
• 1959 novel by william burroughs; 1991 film directed by david cronenberg
out to lunch
• currently unavailable while eating lunch; not readily available;; behaving strangely, acting oddly
• (slang) crazy, "nuts"
• (british) light afternoon meal packed to be eaten in a different location
• a packed lunch is food, for example sandwiches, which you take to work, to school, or on an outing and eat as your lunch.
ploughmans lunch• a ploughman's lunch or a ploughman's is a sn ...