• making no sense, senselessness, absurdity; words or actions that have no meaning or importance, foolishness, gibberish, folly
• you use nonsense to refer to words or to combinations of words that do not mean anything.
• if you say that something spoken or written is nonsense, you mean that it is untrue or silly.
• to make nonsense of something means to make it seem ridiculous or pointless.
• absolute senselessness, complete foolishness
• complete nonsense, absurdity, ridiculousness
• a no-nonsense person or attitude is firm and efficient.
• total stupidity, illogical information
• spoke of trivial matters, spoke drivel, babbled
stand no nonsense
• not be able to suffer nonsense, have no patience for trivial matters
stuff and nonsense
• hooey; senseless talk; foolish ideas
• say silly or stupid things
• what crap!, what silly business!, fiddlesticks!