• part of speech used for persons places objects and conditions (grammar)
• in grammar, a noun is a word used to refer to a person, a thing, or an abstract idea such as a feeling or quality.
• subordinate clause that functions as a noun (grammar)
• inflection of nouns to show number or case (grammar)
• in grammar, a noun group is a word or a group of words which can be the subject, object, or complement of a clause, or the object of a preposition. in the sentence, `there was a note of satisfaction in his voice', `a note of satisfaction' and
• (grammar) phrase that can act as the subject or function as object of a verb
• noun that represents some abstract idea or notion (i.e. independence, anger, love)
• an adjective which can function as a noun
• noun which has a singular form yet has a plural meaning (people, herd, etc.)
• noun that designates any one of the members of a class (grammar)
• noun which denotes a material object (grammar)
• a count noun is a noun that has a singular and a plural form and is always used after a determiner when singular.
• a countable noun is the same as a count noun.
mass noun• noun which has no plural form, noun which is not used with the article "a" or "an" (such as cattle, ...