1. A tragedy was narrowly averted when a lorry crashed into a crowded restaurant.
2. One car narrowly missed hitting the other one.
3. The plane crashed, narrowly missing a hotel.
4. The study was criticized for being too narrowly focused.
5. New heavy industries were concentrated in narrowly restricted areas.
6. They narrowly evaded a police car which was approaching.
7. She threw a plate at him and only narrowly missed.
8. They narrowly avoided defeat in the semi-final.
9. The car narrowly missed a cyclist.
10. He was narrowly defeated in the election.
11. They narrowly escaped being killed in the fire.
12. The child narrowly escaped decapitation by the propellers.
13. The prime minister narrowly survived a leadership challenge.
14. The gun control measures narrowly squeaked through Congress.
15. A man narrowly escaped death when a fire broke out in his home on Sunday morning.